One Mean Chickadee

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Back to Ohio

The time has come for me to acknowledge that I have completely broken my "every three days" promise. And that I have failed to record anything about my Seattle trip, which I've been back from for exactly one week today. And that I haven't even provided any poker updates, which were also promised. And that I should probably stop making promises about how often I will blog, not that any of you would believe me anyway.

Whew, I feel much better, don't you? It's good to acknowledge one's shortcomings once in a while. And now, without further ado:

THINGS I DID ON MY SEATTLE TRIP

1. Attended brother's rehearsal dinner, which was actually a cookout and a lot of fun.
2. Attended brother's wedding. Beautiful and sweet and also a lot of fun.
3. Hung out with family. Fun. (From this point on, let's just assume that everything I did was fun unless otherwise indicated.)
4. Attended impromptu dinner party at my friend Christine's house. (This is also where I stayed for most of the time I was there. Thanks, Chris!)
5. Visited the Seattle Music Experience, where I learned everything I never knew I wanted to know about Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix.
6. Saw Bob Schneider concert at a dinner theater, which was very different and cool.
7. Read 2 1/2 books.
8. Saw Cowboy Junkies concert at the zoo.
9. Went to Portland for two nights with Christine. While there, I
a. Ate well
b. Drank too much
c. Walked from one end of Portland proper to the other about 16 times
d. Talked with Christine about 12,000 things
e. Sustained an injury while dancing

Hopefully, soon I'll get it together enough to start posting some pictures of these adventures. Stay tuned.

POKER UPDATE: Before I left for Seattle, I decided to cash in my account, which was around $100. So, when I got home, there was a check waiting for me. A couple of days later, I put $100 back into my account. For those of you keeping track, all of that constituted a couple of completely wasted transactions. But it's all good--I've been playing off and on for a week, have gone up and down a bit, and am currently sitting on $80 in chips.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sven Golly said…

    Cowboy Junkies at the zoo! I am so envious. And all the other fun things, too, probably compensate for the dancing injury. Did they have to stop the mirror ball and carry you off the floor on a stretcher? Cool!

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sven Golly said…

    Now put it to music and get Chrissy Hynde to sing it, and you've got yourself a hit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home