One Mean Chickadee

Monday, December 06, 2004

Tricks, tips, and clarifications

Having survived THE MALL yesterday, I have a few tips on how to make your shopping experience more enjoyable:

1. Start off with lunch and a margarita.
2. Go to ONE store and buy a whole bunch of stuff.
3. Go to a movie.
4. Go home.

It really wasn’t too bad!

I also have a few comments on my previous comments on the whole holiday-buying thing. I have rediscovered the simple fact that buying stuff for kids is fun! Now that Jackspatula and I have so many children in our lives (niece, nephews, second cousins, godchildren, etc.), we get to buy tons of kids’ stuff, which is what we did yesterday. Frankly, I wish we could make the holidays all about the kids again, and buy even more stuff for them! Especially if it’s stuff we get to play with when we visit them! So, I would like to start a movement to limit holiday buying to those under 18. WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN??!!

Of course, some people might argue that many children in this country, including the ones nearest and dearest to Jackspatula and me, are spoiled rotten and already have way more stuff than they will ever need or use before reaching adulthood. To those people I say, “Screw you, Ebenezer!”

Also, I was wrong before—we do need candle holders, and candles. You can never have enough. I don’t know what I was thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home