One Mean Chickadee

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Other things I didn't watch

[Chickadee's note: This is an unfinished entry from last week. Just to get the ball rolling again, you know? MUST NOT NEGLECT BLOG. MUST NOT NEGLECT BLOG. MUST STOP PLAYING ONLINE POKER. MUST NOT NEGLECT BLOG.]

As some of you may recall from a couple of weeks ago, I did not watch Bush's inauguration. Here are a couple of other things I didn't watch recently:
1. Bush's state of the union address.
2. the Superbowl (not even halftime or the ads).

Both of these events, for me, fit into the category of dull, commercialized, sterile, and orchestrated. Now that the sophomoric appeal of the Drink Along With Bush drinking game has worn off, I just can't stomach watching that man blather on in his insipid, defensive voice, parroting spoon-fed platitudes and cliches over and over. I am following the post-speech Social Security debate closely, though, as should we all.

(I did love, by the way, how politicos Willim Kristol and Charles Krauthammer later squealed in joy over Bush's speech without revealing that they had acted as consultants for the speech writers. Well, tooting your own horn is the American way, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home